Elaine T. Silver
Experienced, Reliable, Results-Oriented
Collaborative attorney and mediator, Elaine graduated from New York University School Law where she was awarded the prestigious Poses Prize for Excellence in Clinical Practice.
She is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, which signifies preeminent legal ability, integrity and professionalism and is listed in the National Register of Preeminent Attorneys.
She has a perfect “10” rating on AVVO.com.
Elaine works to promote peaceful divorce throughout Florida.
She is President-elect of the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
She is a Board member of the Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida.
She is a former chair of the Family Law Section of the Seminole County Bar Association and a Master in the Central Florida Family Law American Inns of Court.
She trained volunteers with the Guardian Ad Litem Program of Seminole County.
She lectures to professional and lay audiences on peaceful Collaborative Divorce and mediation, and taught Family Law at the law schools of Barry University and Quinnipiac University.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Bucknell University, B.A. with Honors, 1974
- State of Florida, 2004
- State of Connecticut, 1977
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1977
- Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, 1978
- Silver Divorce Center: Attorney and Mediator, 2004 to present
- Guardian Ad Litem Program, Seminole County, Florida Contract Attorney, 2004 to 2008
- Silver Golub & Teitell, LLP, Stamford, CT, Partner, divorce, custody and family litigation, 1987 to 2000
- Fleisher Trow & Silver, Partner, Stamford, CT, 2004
Judicial Appointments & Accreditations
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family & Appellate Mediator
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Rated
- Special Master: Connecticut Regional Trial Custody Docket, 1996 to 2000
- Family Division, Judicial Districts Stamford/Norwalk, Bridgeport & Danbury, 1985 to 2000
- Connecticut Statewide Attorney Grievance Committee, Fairfield County Grievance Panel, 1997 to 2000
- American Arbitration Association, Panel Member
- Barry University School of Law, Adjunct Family Law Instructor, 2007
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (formerly Bridgeport U. School of Law), Adjunct Family Law Lecturer, 1989
- Beijing University Law Department, Beijing, China, Visiting Lecturer in American Constitutional and Family Law, 1981 to 1982
Lectures & Publications
- Making Family Law More Approachable, with M. Sampson, Barry University School of Law, Family Law Symposium, March 2018
- How “Low Bono” Cases Can Benefit Your Community and Build Your Practice, Collaborative Family Law Group of Northeast Florida, January 2018
- Collaborative Communities in Florida, Adler Institute, Israel, December 2017
- Collaborative Practice: Skills & Solutions for Every Restructuring Family, with Dr. D. Day, AAFCC, Annual Conference, Seattle, WA June 2016
- Sharpening Your Skills with Collaborative Practice, with A. Magill, N. Harris & Dr. L. Stern, FLAFCC Annual Conference October 2015
- The Tension Between Confidentiality and Privacy & Transparency in Collaborative Practice, with A. Magill & R. Marowitz, Florida Collaborative Council Annual Conference, May 2015
- The Art of Collaboration: From Roots to Results, with Shawn Zimmerman, Florida Collaborative Council Annual Conference, July 2014
- Collaborative Divorce-A Better Path to Family Reconstruction, Central Florida Behavioral Hospital, April 2014
- Web Radio Appearance, How to Avoid Divorce the Second Time Around, Last First Date Radio, September 2013
- Doing Well While Doing Good: Building a Pro Se Mediation, Collaborative & Unbundled Divorce Practice, ABA Solo & Small Firm Conference, Austin, TX, Fall 2010
- Collaborative Family Law, Central Florida Assoc. of Marriage & Family Therapists, April 2010
- Current Events for Family Lawyers: ADR Options, NBI Seminar, February 2009
- Radio Appearance, America’s Earliest Morning Show with Peter Tilden, KABC, Los Angeles, California, August 2007
- Radio Appearance, The Magnolia, 660AM, Orlando, March 2007
- Child Custody & Shared Parenting: Modification, NBI Seminar, Orlando, February 2007
- How to Have a “Good” Divorce, The Knowledge Shop, Orlando, 2006 to 2007
- Florida Family Law: Understanding Your Client’s Other Troubles, Greater Orlando Chapter of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, October 2005
- Guardian Ad Litem Training Program, Professionalism, Divorce Law and the Role of The GAL, 2004 to date
- Divorce Seminar for Women, Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando, 2003
- Family Law Committee of The Regional Bar Assoc., Anatomy of A Divorce Trial: Direct Examination of Your Client, 1999
- Westchester NY Women’s Bar Assoc., Overview of Connecticut Family Law, 1998
- Conn. Infant Mental Health Committee, American Psychological Association, Child Custody Assessment and Court Testimony, 1997
- Jewish Family Services, Realities of Divorce in the ‘90’s”, 1996 to 1997
- Stamford/Norwalk Bar Association Seminar on Family Law, 1991
- Family Services Unit, CT Superior Court, Divorce Experience Workshop, 1988
- Conn. Women’s Educational & Legal Fund, Understanding Your Divorce Workshop, 1988
- Family Violence Act, Conn. Bar Assoc. Seminar, 1987
- The Professional License: Fruit of the Marital Property Tree?, The Connecticut Family Law Journal, February 1983
- Asst. Editor, Second Circuit Digest, 1976 to 1977
- President-Elect, Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2018 to present
- Board Member, The Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida, 2017 to present
- Co-Chair, 2016-2018 Annual Conference, Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member: International Assoc. of Collaborative Professionals; Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida; Central Florida Family Law American Inns of Court
- Member: ABA, The Florida Bar, Seminole County Bar Association (Family Law Sections)
- Co-Chair, Family Law Section, The Regional Bar Association (Connecticut), 1996 to 1998
- JFGO Community Relations Award, 2005
- State of Florida, Guardian Ad Litem Program, Commendation, 2004
- State of Connecticut Judicial Department Service Commendation, 1986, 1987
- United Way of Greenwich, Agency Volunteer of the Year, 1987
- Ann Petluck Poses Memorial Prize for Outstanding Clinical Practice, NYU School of Law, 1977
- Children’s Home Society, Central Florida Region, Board Member, 2002 to 2005
- Executive Board Member, JFGO, 2006 to 2010